The new-generation R-Class has the appearance of being cast from a single mould. The completely redesigned front end with its restyled bonnet, wings, radiator grille, headlamps and bumper gives the entire vehicle a harmonious, dynamic and powerful presence. On request, the front end of the R-Class can be further enhanced by a chrome clasp with integrated daytime driving lights in conjunction with bi-xenon headlamps. Light-alloy wheels in a 5-spoke, 5-twin-spoke or 10-spoke design with sizes from 43.2 to 53.3 centimetres (17 to 21 inches) and the revised rear end with its new bumper cladding, modified tail lights and integrated exhaust tailpipes likewise increase the attractiveness of the model-year 2010 R-Class. In addition to the fresher exterior, it is the inner values of the R‑Class that impress. These include the economy of space of modern MPVs combined with the high quality and prestige of classic Mercedes-Benz saloon cars. At the same time the latest generation offers the interior variability of its predecessor, while scoring with the robustness and all-wheel drive attributes of the Mercedes-Benz SUVs.
Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today provided a report on the significant progress that has been made to modify recalled Toyota and Lexus vehicles. To date, more than three million remedies have been performed for three recent recalls, including approximately:
• 1.6 million to address the potential for sticking accelerator pedals,
• 1.5 million to address the potential for floor mat pedal entrapment, and
• 115,000 program updates to the anti-lock brake systems (ABS) in certain 2010 Prius and Lexus models.
More than 732,000 vehicles have received both the floor mat and sticking pedal modifications, bringing the total number of recalled vehicles that have been serviced to approximately 2.4 million.
Thanks to sales from the SRX, Cadillac saw a 36% jump in sales for April.
“The redesigned SRX also is attracting new customers to Cadillac at a higher rate than the previous model. So far this year, about 49 percent of SRX buyers traded in a competitor’s brand, an improvement of 14 percentage points compared to the previous model’s conquest rate.
A five-passenger crossover, SRX’s standard V6 engine is EPA-rated at 25 miles per gallon on the highway. SRX also provides the option of advanced all-wheel drive and a turbocharged V6 engine.”
Source http://www.caddyinfo.com Cadillac saw a 36% jump in sales for April.
The tuned up engine produces 335 horsepower (340hp in Europe) at 5,900 rpm and 332 lb-ft in “regular mode”. An electronically-controlled overboost function can briefly increase torque under full load by another 37 lb-ft. This brings the torque peak to 369 lb-ft.”
If you concerned about not getting your hands on the a Corvette ZR1, due to high demand and model shortage, GeigerCars may have an answer for you.
“The company tinkered with the Corvette Grand Sport and was able to boost it up to near-ZR1 levels.
First of all, GeigerCars installed a 6.2L V8 engine on the Grand Sport. This boosted the car’s power from 430HP to a tantalizing 588HP on the tracks. This definitely made it possible for Gieger GS to hit the 60-mark in less than 4 seconds. It might not be quite as fast or powerful as the ZR1 supercar, but 639 horsepower and a 3.3 sprint are certainly figures worth boasting about.
You can purchase the car with a supercharger for only €16,450 and modify its transmission ratio for €2,800.”
“Small, green, smart and fun, the Ford Start won admirers for its decidedly playful take on kinetic design. More than a design exploration into the feasibility of a future small car, it previews the smallest engine yet in the growing Ford EcoBoost engine family. Ford has confirmed that the 1.0-litre turbocharged I3 EcoBoost engine powering the Start is going into production, destined for use in future Ford small cars, where it is expected to deliver the same power as a larger petrol I4.”
Stuttgart, Germany, Apr 23, 2010
– Effortlessly superior, striking look
– New interior concepts with new brilliant trim
– Extensive new illustrious equipment and appointments
– Higher output coupled with lower consumption
– Unique details in the high-end luxury class
Since 2002 Maybach has been defining new standards in the top league of high-end luxury saloons, whilst at the same time continuing the tradition of legendary Maybach vehicles which were part of the elite in the German and international automotive construction industry in the nineteen twenties and thirties of the last century. It is this challenging legacy that the luxury brand is carrying forward – in the form of an extensive facelift of the Maybach saloons, celebrating its premiere at Auto China 2010 in Beijing. The prestigious, tradition-steeped Maybach brand is consolidating its top position in the high-end luxury segment with a more striking design and even more extensive equipment and appointments.
“To create only the best from the best, a vehicle that is the ultimate in wish fulfilment, with a distinctive character of the finest elegance and power” – this is how a Maybach flyer dating back to 1930 declared the company’s aim, and it still applies at Maybach in its entirety to this day. This clear avowal of the extraordinary obliged Maybach to revise its high-end luxury saloons extensively and at a top level when it came to the latest facelift.
Hyundai is working on a new hybrid-only model to directly compete against the Toyota Prius. “We are studying a dedicated Prius-fighter vehicle, meaning a hybrid-specific nameplate that isn’t based off a Sonata or a Santa Fe,” Miles Johnson, Hyundai product public relations manager, told HybridCars.com. “It’s its own thing.”
While Johnson did not confirm a specific production date, he placed the new hybrid-only model ahead of the Hyundai Blue Will plug-in hybrid concept. “We’ve also been studying plug-in hybrid technology, which is a bit farther out for us. But the near-term would be a Prius-sized vehicle,” Johnson said. “You can look at the dimensions of the Blue Will concept and see it would be a similar package and size to a Prius.”
“One of Cadillac’s plans for the next Cadillac CTS refresh is to make the CTS one of the lightest cars in its class. One assumes they will do this through additional use of Aluminum, and high strength steel. The advantage of high strength steel is that for the same properties a thinner, lighter piece can be used that has the same or better strength and durability.
There is a 2-3% improvement in fuel economy for every 100 kg (220 lbs). So although the EPA cycle is complex, in general a 28 mpg CTS might break 30 mpg with the loss of around 500 lbs of weight from its 3,681 lb curb weight. Obviously there is a limit to the fuel economy that can be gained in this manner, since Cadillacs one can safely say will always have some weight. Cadillac’s goal of being the lightest in their vehicle class seems ideal. This goal is one that will have to be revisited in the crowded markets Cadillac competes in.”
Details about the new Lexus special-edition LFA Nürburgring have been released.
“The new Lexus LFA gets an additional 10 horsepower on tap from the bat-guano V10, nudging the final figure to “more than 562″ horsepower.
Let’s not forget the “recalibrated transmission that slices 0.2 second from shift speeds, a stiffer suspension, new alloy rims with semi-slick tires, a larger fixed rear wing and a new front splitter, according to Autocar, which adds that the car will be available in four colors — Black, Matte Black, Whitest White and Orange.”
“Ford is making its vehicles more eco-friendly through increased use of renewable and recyclable materials such as the soy and bio-based seat cushions and seatbacks on the 2010 Ford Taurus.
Ford vehicles are now 85 percent recyclable by weight.
In 2009, Ford saved approximately $4.5 million by using recycled materials, and diverted between 25 and 30 million pounds of plastic from landfills in North America alone.”
Building in green materials
For the past several years, Ford has concentrated on increasing the use of non-metal recycled and bio-based materials, including:
- Bio-based (such as soy) polyurethane foams on the seat cushions, seatbacks and headliners on 11 vehicle models. The 2 million Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles on the road today with bio-foam seats equates to a reduction in petroleum oil usage of approximately 1.5 million pounds
- Post-consumer recycled resins such as detergent bottles, tires and battery casings used to make underbody systems, such as aerodynamic shields, splash shields and radiator air deflector shields. The latest example is the engine cam cover on the 3.0-liter V-6 2010 Ford Escape. As a result, Ford has diverted between 25 and 30 million pounds of plastic from landfills
- Post-industrial recycled yarns for seat fabrics on vehicles such as the Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid. A 100 percent usage of recycled yarns can mean a 64 percent reduction in energy consumption and a 60 percent reduction in CO2 emissions compared to the use of new yarns
- Repurposed nylon carpeting made into nylon resin and molded into cylinder head covers for Ford’s 3.0-liter Duratec® engine. The industry’s first eco-friendly cylinder head cover is used in the 2010 Ford Fusion and Escape
- The automotive industry’s first application of wheat straw-reinforced plastic for the third-row storage bins of the 2010 Ford Flex. The natural fiber replaces energy-inefficient glass fibers commonly used to reinforce plastic parts
PermaPlate’s number one priority has always been, and will always be, the same – to provide quality products and service to our customers.
Since 1978, it has been my personal commitment to see to it that improvements and advancements to our PermaPlate products are made when necessary as well as ensuring that consistency in product quality and customer service is maintained.
PermaPlate continues to grow with the needs of our customers without compromising PermaPlate’s longstanding high standards and values. This is the philosophy that has earned us our excellent reputation and will continue to be our hallmark into the future.
Willard A. Nisson
President & CEO
• Harsh road debris
• Gravel & Sand
• Salted roadways
• Insect acids
Clearplate® is a virtually invisible protection that is applied to the vehicle’s high-impact areas to protect the paint finish from damaging road debris. Our experienced professional installers cut the Perma-Plate Clearplate™ to the specifications of the make and model of your vehicle for a precision fit which will not alter your vehicle’s appearance. Without any extra care or maintenance, Perma-Plate Clearplate™ will keep your investment looking like new.
• Door edges from contact made when opening doors in tight confines
• Door handle areas from scratches caused by small objects
You’ve seen those small scratches around vehicle door handles from jewelry, keys, or long fingernails and those small nicks on door edges from contact made when opening the door in tight confines. We have the solution. We now offer protection where you need it most – the door handle cups and the door edges. By adding that extra layer of protection in the most commonly affected areas, damage will be greatly reduced.
• 100% reimbursement for Tire and Rim repairs caused by road hazards
• Repair or Replacement of rim if tire fails to seal
• Taxes, labor costs, mounting and balancing fees and valve stems covered by reimbursement
Tire & Rim Protection
PermaPlate Tire and Rim Protection covers the one part of your vehicle that comes into contact with the road. Tires and rims/wheels are also virtually the only automotive parts that are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
PermaPlate Tire Coverage
We provide tire coverage against road hazards such as:
• Curb Damage
• Scrap Metal
• Broken Glass
• Nails and Screws
PermaPlate Rim Coverage
Rims and wheels are covered against road hazards for:
• Curb Damage
• Bent Rims
• Cosmetic Damage
• Paint matches for all OEM wheels
• Simulated lathe lines for machined wheels
Etchguard protection includes your vehicle’s registration in a national database as well as an explicit window decal place the driver’s side of the window
* • Etchguard window etching cannot be altered or bypassed without replacing all of the vehicle’s glass, which is too costly and time consuming for thieves and “chop shops.”
* • Etchguard protection includes your vehicle’s registration in a national database as well as an explicit window decal placed on the driver’s side of the window
* • Etchguard window etching does not detract from the value or appearance of your vehicle
* • Etchguard is a proven theft deterrent
* • Professional thieves aren’t interested in traceable items
* • Over 1.5 million vehicles are stolen each year in the United States (FBI-Uniform Crime Report)
* • Vehicles located in metropolitan areas and their suburbs, and newer and more upscale vehicles, have a higher risk of theft
Etchguard – Ultimate Theft Protection
Window etching is the most widely used theft deterrent in the world today. Your Personal Identification Number is etched into all major glass windows of your vehicle, making it less appealing to thieves.
This number along with your vehicle’s description and owner’s data (e.g., VIN number) are registered in a national database accessible to law enforcement agencies nationwide. In the event of a theft, you’ll receive a cash payment plus other benefits if your stolen vehicle is not recovered within 30 days. And, etchguard window etching usually can be financed with your new vehicle contract.
Insurance Premium Discounts
Many insurance companies have started to pass along the savings they realize by reduced vehicle theft claims related to etching registration programs to their policy holders in the form of reduced premiums. You’ll receive a form for your insurance company notifying them that your vehicle has been professionally etched.
• Repair of windshield chips and cracks
• No out-of-pocket expenses or deductible on any covered damage or windshield
• Repairs or replacements may be done at the selling dealership, customer’s home or office by experienced professionals
PermaPlate Windshield Treatment contains a unique molecular coupling agent that chemically bonds to the glass surface, fusing at the molecular level. This creates a hydrophobic and protective coating by capping the natural glass pores and its surface ridges. This bond strengthens and improves the quality of automotive glass by creating a strong covalent bond that acts as a protective shield.
PermaPlate Windshield Treatment was created to provide unprecedented protection to vehicle glass. PermaPlate Windshield Treatment uses the latest in molecular nano-chemistry to make your windshield stronger with enhanced clarity for a safer, clearer glass.
More than just a highly visible blight, rust can rapidly corrode the vehicle’s structural integrity. A single professional application of our exclusive rust blocking formula will protect a new vehicle from inner body rust. PermaPlate’s exclusive process even protects the vehicle from environmental hazards that may not be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. By using Rustguard’s advanced chemical formula, the vehicle’s inner body metal surfaces will be permanently sealed. Rustguard is applied to, and adheres to the interior surfaces of fenders, doors, quarter panels, and other critical areas. Rustguard protects areas that would otherwise become a hospitable environment for rust for inside-out rust caused by trapped moisture from condensation.