Hyundai is working on a new hybrid-only model to directly compete against the Toyota Prius. “We are studying a dedicated Prius-fighter vehicle, meaning a hybrid-specific nameplate that isn’t based off a Sonata or a Santa Fe,” Miles Johnson, Hyundai product public relations manager, told HybridCars.com. “It’s its own thing.”
While Johnson did not confirm a specific production date, he placed the new hybrid-only model ahead of the Hyundai Blue Will plug-in hybrid concept. “We’ve also been studying plug-in hybrid technology, which is a bit farther out for us. But the near-term would be a Prius-sized vehicle,” Johnson said. “You can look at the dimensions of the Blue Will concept and see it would be a similar package and size to a Prius.”
Click Here to See the “Prius Killer”
“One of Cadillac’s plans for the next Cadillac CTS refresh is to make the CTS one of the lightest cars in its class. One assumes they will do this through additional use of Aluminum, and high strength steel. The advantage of high strength steel is that for the same properties a thinner, lighter piece can be used that has the same or better strength and durability.
There is a 2-3% improvement in fuel economy for every 100 kg (220 lbs). So although the EPA cycle is complex, in general a 28 mpg CTS might break 30 mpg with the loss of around 500 lbs of weight from its 3,681 lb curb weight. Obviously there is a limit to the fuel economy that can be gained in this manner, since Cadillacs one can safely say will always have some weight. Cadillac’s goal of being the lightest in their vehicle class seems ideal. This goal is one that will have to be revisited in the crowded markets Cadillac competes in.”
Click Here to View More about the Lighter Cadillac
Details about the new Lexus special-edition LFA Nürburgring have been released.
“The new Lexus LFA gets an additional 10 horsepower on tap from the bat-guano V10, nudging the final figure to “more than 562″ horsepower.
Let’s not forget the “recalibrated transmission that slices 0.2 second from shift speeds, a stiffer suspension, new alloy rims with semi-slick tires, a larger fixed rear wing and a new front splitter, according to Autocar, which adds that the car will be available in four colors — Black, Matte Black, Whitest White and Orange.”
Click Here to View Pictures of the Lexus Special-Edition LFA Nürburgring
“Ford is making its vehicles more eco-friendly through increased use of renewable and recyclable materials such as the soy and bio-based seat cushions and seatbacks on the 2010 Ford Taurus.
Ford vehicles are now 85 percent recyclable by weight.
In 2009, Ford saved approximately $4.5 million by using recycled materials, and diverted between 25 and 30 million pounds of plastic from landfills in North America alone.”
Building in green materials
For the past several years, Ford has concentrated on increasing the use of non-metal recycled and bio-based materials, including:
- Bio-based (such as soy) polyurethane foams on the seat cushions, seatbacks and headliners on 11 vehicle models. The 2 million Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles on the road today with bio-foam seats equates to a reduction in petroleum oil usage of approximately 1.5 million pounds
- Post-consumer recycled resins such as detergent bottles, tires and battery casings used to make underbody systems, such as aerodynamic shields, splash shields and radiator air deflector shields. The latest example is the engine cam cover on the 3.0-liter V-6 2010 Ford Escape. As a result, Ford has diverted between 25 and 30 million pounds of plastic from landfills
- Post-industrial recycled yarns for seat fabrics on vehicles such as the Ford Escape and Escape Hybrid. A 100 percent usage of recycled yarns can mean a 64 percent reduction in energy consumption and a 60 percent reduction in CO2 emissions compared to the use of new yarns
- Repurposed nylon carpeting made into nylon resin and molded into cylinder head covers for Ford’s 3.0-liter Duratec® engine. The industry’s first eco-friendly cylinder head cover is used in the 2010 Ford Fusion and Escape
- The automotive industry’s first application of wheat straw-reinforced plastic for the third-row storage bins of the 2010 Ford Flex. The natural fiber replaces energy-inefficient glass fibers commonly used to reinforce plastic parts
Click Here to Read Full Article titled “FORD IS MAKING GREENER VEHICLES THROUGH INCREASED USE OF RENEWABLE AND RECYCLABLE MATERIALS”
PermaPlate’s number one priority has always been, and will always be, the same – to provide quality products and service to our customers.
Since 1978, it has been my personal commitment to see to it that improvements and advancements to our PermaPlate products are made when necessary as well as ensuring that consistency in product quality and customer service is maintained.
PermaPlate continues to grow with the needs of our customers without compromising PermaPlate’s longstanding high standards and values. This is the philosophy that has earned us our excellent reputation and will continue to be our hallmark into the future.
Willard A. Nisson
style=”float:left; margin:0 10px 10px 0;cursor:pointer; cursor:hand;width: 122px; height: 141px;” src=”http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4499142198_feec9404c2_m.jpg” width=”122″ height=”141″ alt=”Perma Plate Clearplate – Clearly Advanced Protection” />
President & CEO
• Harsh road debris
• Gravel & Sand
• Salted roadways
• Insect acids
Clearplate® is a virtually invisible protection that is applied to the vehicle’s high-impact areas to protect the paint finish from damaging road debris. Our experienced professional installers cut the Perma-Plate Clearplate™ to the specifications of the make and model of your vehicle for a precision fit which will not alter your vehicle’s appearance. Without any extra care or maintenance, Perma-Plate Clearplate™ will keep your investment looking like new.
Extra Protection to Reduce Damage to:
• Door edges from contact made when opening doors in tight confines
• Door handle areas from scratches caused by small objects
You’ve seen those small scratches around vehicle door handles from jewelry, keys, or long fingernails and those small nicks on door edges from contact made when opening the door in tight confines. We have the solution. We now offer protection where you need it most – the door handle cups and the door edges. By adding that extra layer of protection in the most commonly affected areas, damage will be greatly reduced.
• 100% reimbursement for Tire and Rim repairs caused by road hazards
• Repair or Replacement of rim if tire fails to seal
• Taxes, labor costs, mounting and balancing fees and valve stems covered by reimbursement
Tire & Rim Protection
PermaPlate Tire and Rim Protection covers the one part of your vehicle that comes into contact with the road. Tires and rims/wheels are also virtually the only automotive parts that are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
PermaPlate Tire Coverage
We provide tire coverage against road hazards such as:
• Curb Damage
• Scrap Metal
• Broken Glass
• Nails and Screws
PermaPlate Rim Coverage
Rims and wheels are covered against road hazards for:
• Curb Damage
• Bent Rims
• Cosmetic Damage
• Paint matches for all OEM wheels
• Simulated lathe lines for machined wheels
Etchguard window etching cannot be altered or bypassed without replacing all of the vehicle’s glass, which is too costly and time consuming for thieves and “chop shops.”
Etchguard protection includes your vehicle’s registration in a national database as well as an explicit window decal place the driver’s side of the window
* • Etchguard window etching cannot be altered or bypassed without replacing all of the vehicle’s glass, which is too costly and time consuming for thieves and “chop shops.”
* • Etchguard protection includes your vehicle’s registration in a national database as well as an explicit window decal placed on the driver’s side of the window
* • Etchguard window etching does not detract from the value or appearance of your vehicle
* • Etchguard is a proven theft deterrent
* • Professional thieves aren’t interested in traceable items
* • Over 1.5 million vehicles are stolen each year in the United States (FBI-Uniform Crime Report)
* • Vehicles located in metropolitan areas and their suburbs, and newer and more upscale vehicles, have a higher risk of theft
Etchguard – Ultimate Theft Protection
Window etching is the most widely used theft deterrent in the world today. Your Personal Identification Number is etched into all major glass windows of your vehicle, making it less appealing to thieves.
This number along with your vehicle’s description and owner’s data (e.g., VIN number) are registered in a national database accessible to law enforcement agencies nationwide. In the event of a theft, you’ll receive a cash payment plus other benefits if your stolen vehicle is not recovered within 30 days. And, etchguard window etching usually can be financed with your new vehicle contract.
Insurance Premium Discounts
Many insurance companies have started to pass along the savings they realize by reduced vehicle theft claims related to etching registration programs to their policy holders in the form of reduced premiums. You’ll receive a form for your insurance company notifying them that your vehicle has been professionally etched.
• Repair of windshield chips and cracks
• No out-of-pocket expenses or deductible on any covered damage or windshield
• Repairs or replacements may be done at the selling dealership, customer’s home or office by experienced professionals
PermaPlate Windshield Treatment contains a unique molecular coupling agent that chemically bonds to the glass surface, fusing at the molecular level. This creates a hydrophobic and protective coating by capping the natural glass pores and its surface ridges. This bond strengthens and improves the quality of automotive glass by creating a strong covalent bond that acts as a protective shield.
PermaPlate Windshield Treatment was created to provide unprecedented protection to vehicle glass. PermaPlate Windshield Treatment uses the latest in molecular nano-chemistry to make your windshield stronger with enhanced clarity for a safer, clearer glass.
• Adhering to interior surfaces of fenders, doors and quarter panels
• Permanently sealing the inner-body metal surfaces
• Creating an unfavorable environment for rust
More than just a highly visible blight, rust can rapidly corrode the vehicle’s structural integrity. A single professional application of our exclusive rust blocking formula will protect a new vehicle from inner body rust. PermaPlate’s exclusive process even protects the vehicle from environmental hazards that may not be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. By using Rustguard’s advanced chemical formula, the vehicle’s inner body metal surfaces will be permanently sealed. Rustguard is applied to, and adheres to the interior surfaces of fenders, doors, quarter panels, and other critical areas. Rustguard protects areas that would otherwise become a hospitable environment for rust for inside-out rust caused by trapped moisture from condensation.
• Dampening vibrations from highway surfaces
• Insulating from weather-caused highway conditions
• Deflecting road debris
You will notice a difference when Soundguard’s dense, highly adhesive coating is applied to the undercarriage of your vehicle. A single professional application of Soundguard provides insulation from extremes in weather while reducing disturbing road noise by dampening vibrations. But what’s more, this powerful coating with rust inhibitors will protect the undercarriage of your new vehicle by sealing out moisture and deflecting road debris, sand, and salt.
• Drying and the loss of soft, supple texture
• Fading, discoloration, and staining
• Premature aging and cracking of seats, dashboards, and interior trim
Sun, excessive dryness and temperature extremes are three demons that will swiftly decrease the value of your vehicle’s interior. Leatherguard is the most powerful leather and vinyl protector on the market. Professionally applied by your dealer, Leatherguard’s ultraviolet sunscreens and penetrating conditioners fight drying, fading, and discoloration on leather or vinyl seats, dashboards and interior trim. With Leatherguard, your vehicle’s value will remain solid while its leather and vinyl features stay soft and supple.
• Preventing stains from oil and water based spills
• Allowing quick and easy clean up
• Bonding to individual fibers without altering texture, scent, or color of the treated fabric
Spills, splatters, and everyday mishaps are almost unavoidable. Fiberguard gives you the advantage of intervening before minor accidents become permanent reminders. Designed to coat each fiber of your vehicle’s carpet and fabric upholstery, Fiberguard’s polymer based coating seals out stains from both oil and water based spills. Because Fiberguard bonds to individual fibers, the air spaces between fabric strands remain open and permit the upholstery to breathe. The texture, scent, and color of the original fabrics are not altered and spills slip into air pockets between fibers allowing for quick and easy clean up.
• Oxidation and fading caused by the sun’s powerful ultra-violet rays
• Corrosion caused by sea and road salt, acid rain, and industrial fallout
• Discoloration caused by bird droppings and tree sap
The quality and success of Paintguard stems from two decades of innovative product research and testing. Without protection, your vehicle’s paint finish is easy prey for the sun’s powerful ultraviolet rays–a hazard that can quickly cause oxidation and fading. With professional application, Paintguard’s exclusive formula bonds with, and seals, the paint surface creating a continuous, durable protective finish.
Our commitment to your vehicle’s appearance begins with a professional application of the finest products available. To retain this good head start, we recommend the Perma-Plate Maintenance Kit. Available as part of the Perma-Plate protection system, our Paintguard Renewer and Wash Concentrate make it easy to maintain your vehicle’s brilliant finish well into the future.
Protection for what moves you!