Etchguard protection includes your vehicle’s registration in a national database as well as an explicit window decal place the driver’s side of the window
* • Etchguard window etching cannot be altered or bypassed without replacing all of the vehicle’s glass, which is too costly and time consuming for thieves and “chop shops.”
* • Etchguard protection includes your vehicle’s registration in a national database as well as an explicit window decal placed on the driver’s side of the window
* • Etchguard window etching does not detract from the value or appearance of your vehicle
* • Etchguard is a proven theft deterrent
* • Professional thieves aren’t interested in traceable items
* • Over 1.5 million vehicles are stolen each year in the United States (FBI-Uniform Crime Report)
* • Vehicles located in metropolitan areas and their suburbs, and newer and more upscale vehicles, have a higher risk of theft
Etchguard – Ultimate Theft Protection
Window etching is the most widely used theft deterrent in the world today. Your Personal Identification Number is etched into all major glass windows of your vehicle, making it less appealing to thieves.
This number along with your vehicle’s description and owner’s data (e.g., VIN number) are registered in a national database accessible to law enforcement agencies nationwide. In the event of a theft, you’ll receive a cash payment plus other benefits if your stolen vehicle is not recovered within 30 days. And, etchguard window etching usually can be financed with your new vehicle contract.
Insurance Premium Discounts
Many insurance companies have started to pass along the savings they realize by reduced vehicle theft claims related to etching registration programs to their policy holders in the form of reduced premiums. You’ll receive a form for your insurance company notifying them that your vehicle has been professionally etched.